OKAY! So I love lasagna, and I love my crockpot. I got to thinking a while ago hmmm can I make lasagna in my crock-pot? The answer is YES! Though I will say it is a little more soupy than regular oven lasagna – I personally like this for optimal bread scoops/soaking. You easily can take the ceramic part that holds your lasagna out of your crock pot (with gloves of course) and place it in the oven to be broiled and get some firmness, as well as, brown up the top layer of cheese! Totally up to you. Do you. But here is how I make it!
Prep Time: 15-20 mins | Cook Time: 2-5 hours | Serves 4-6
What you’ll need :
· 1 16oz box of regular shmegular lasagna noodles
· 1 8oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
· 1 32oz container of low fat ricotta cheese
· ½ bag of baby spinach
· ½ large yellow onion
· 2 zucchini
· 2 24oz jars of any marinara (or if you’re not lazy like me make your own)
· 1 BIG tablespoon of garlic (or more)
· Salt n peppa
· Crock-pot (this is designed for a 5qt)
1. Chop up spinach, onion and zucchini into what I like to call ‘soup size’ chunks aka small chunks
2. Put all veggies, garlic and entire 32oz of ricotta into a bowl and mix together. This is a great opportunity to throw in some salt and peppa for taste as well.
3. Make sure to grease your crock-pot before throwing all the stuff in there. After you do that, you’ll put about 1/3 a jar of marinara on the bottom of the crock pot. Just a healthy coating. Then begin to make your first layer of lasagna noodles, (uncooked) just break them up to fit the shape of your crock pot. After that put a layer of ricotta/veggies mixture, and on top of that a light layer of mozzarella cheese (save a good handful of mozzarella to go on the very top of lasagna). Repeat these layers until crock pot is full or you run out of ricotta filling. Making sure the top layer is lasagna noodles covered in marinara.
4. You can either cook this on high for 2 hours, or low for 4-5 hours! When about 30 minutes from completion go ahead and sprinkle that remaining mozzarella on the top of your lasagna. Cook for the rest of the time or until the cheese is all melty and delicious! BOOM LASAGNA!
If anyone dares to make this (which literally would be a dream come true for me) please share it on your insta story and tag #JFCEATS